NHS Volunteer Responders
We’re here to help people in England to stay safe during coronavirus (COVID-19). We have been set up by NHS England and NHS Improvement, working with Royal Voluntary Service and the GoodSAM app. Our amazing team of NHS Volunteer Responders have now completed more than 2 million tasks.
Our volunteers help people:
- greet and guide people at vaccination centres
- avoid busy places by collecting their shopping, medicines and other important items
- have regular contact with other people by making regular friendly phone calls
- get to medical appointments by giving lifts.
Support during COVID-19
This service is part of the UK Government’s response to COVID-19 and will continue until further notice.
People who can use this service
We can help anyone who lives in England and who needs to self-isolate for any reason. We can also help people who choose to stay at home as much as possible because they are cautious about going out during the coronavirus outbreak.
Here are some of the reasons you may be self-isolating or staying at home as much as possible
- You have ever been advised to shield by a health professional.
- You are vulnerable for another reason, (for instance, due to disability, pregnancy, aged over 70, you have a long-term condition such as Parkinson's or epilepsy, or are vulnerable due to a mental health condition).
- You have caring responsibilities.
- You are self-isolating because you have been diagnosed with coronavirus or have symptoms, or you’ve been in contact with someone who has.
- You have been instructed to self-isolate by the ‘Test and Trace’ service, because you’ve been near someone infected.
- You are self-isolating ahead of planned hospital care.
- You have been instructed to self-isolate following entry into the country.
Frontline health and care staff are also welcome to register for our help.
How to register for support
To arrange support for yourself or someone you know call 0808 196 3646 (8am to 8pm, 7 days a week).