Medway & Swale Community Health Researchers
Community Health Researchers (CHR’s) are part of the Involving Medway programme, a partnership between Medway Voluntary Action (MVA), Kent & Medway Clinical Commissioning Group and other local community organisations.
Involving Medway is aimed at building healthier communities, and we need someone who is interested in helping improve health and care services in Medway and Swale by gathering feedback from local residents about their experiences. You will learn about research skills and carry out interviews within your community and amongst Medway and Swale residents. This will be fed into the planning of health and care services by NHS Kent & Medway Clinical Commissioning Group.
What activities will I be involved in?
You will be supporting the MVA team to undertake research projects for the Involving Medway programme.
Activities you are likely to undertake include:
- Attend training days and debrief sessions to learn about carrying out community based research. Please note that during the Covid-19 Pandemic these sessions will be done online.
- Carry out interviews with local residents and people in your community.
- Take notes and write up the results of interviews, working with other Community Health Researchers to do this.
- Share your ideas and feedback with the NHS Kent & Medway CCG in Medway and Swale.
What skills and abilities will I need to have?
You don’t need to have specific experience in any of the above activities. We are looking for a volunteer who is reliable and who wishes to extend their skills and experience. You must be willing to follow MVA policies e.g. health and safety, equal opportunities, confidentiality and financial guidelines.
The following personal interests/skills are desired:
- Be a resident of Medway or Swale with sufficient time to give to the role.
- Care about how local people experience health and care services.
- Good verbal and listening skills.
- An interest in learning about research skills.
Training and support will be provided where required.
How to apply:
Please get in touch with MVA by emailing email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01634 812850.