How to request volunteer vaccination support
The safe and efficient delivery of vaccinations at pace requires a team. Steward Volunteers play an important role, able to support patients with social distancing, providing guidance around vaccination sites, and a friendly welcome to reassure nervous patients. Across the country, NHS Volunteer Responder Steward Volunteers (COVID-19 vaccinations) are already deployed and are on-site helping deliver the COVID-19 vaccination programme.
Make a referral online via the GoodSAM website
They are available to support you and are looking forward to joining your team.
- NHS Volunteer Responders are available across England in large numbers
- They are already recruited and credentials checked
- You do not have to pay their expenses
- They have their own high-vis clothing
- They can be booked online easily
- Volunteers are sourced quickly (shifts are filled within 2 hours of being offered)
- Volunteers are supported by Royal Voluntary Service
- All volunteers have role guidance and access to a 7-day-a-week support line and safeguarding team.
The NHS Volunteer Responders scheme is commissioned by NHS England, delivered by Royal Voluntary Service and enabled by the GoodSAM app. The volunteers are signed up to the scheme to support the nation through the COVID-19 pandemic.
How it works
Steward Volunteers are automatically sent tasks direct to the app on their phone when nearby volunteer shifts are added to the system. If they want to attend, they simply ‘swipe’ in the app and they are booked. For vaccination sites, this provides a near-instant means of finding and allocating Steward Volunteers to a busy shift schedule.
How do I book Steward Volunteers?
Visit the GoodSAM website to place your first referral. Guidance on how to book Steward Volunteers can be found within the instruction document supplied on the referral form and from here you can easily manage your booking through our dashboard. To find out more, or to arrange a meeting with one of our vaccination team, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that you are responsible for volunteer safety while they are on-site, and you must provide them with an orientation when they arrive. In the unlikely event you have concerns or issues about volunteer behaviour, you must let Royal Voluntary Service know.