Community Response Volunteers
As a Community Response Volunteer, you’ll be providing simple yet invaluable support to those who need it most. This might be for NHS frontline staff, professional health and care workers, or members of the community who remain vulnerable to COVID-19.
Register to volunteer at GoodSAM app
While there’s an ease on restrictions, we understand that many are still cautious about visiting public, crowded spaces, such as supermarkets.
This is why your help is needed as much now as ever before.
What does a Community Response Volunteer do?
You’ll be providing help by collecting and delivering shopping, medication and other essential supplies that an individual may need.
This might include:
- Carrying out a weekly shop
- General shopping for food and essentials
- Helping with online shopping
- Shopping for emergency items
- Collecting and delivering prescriptions
Full guidance for getting you started
You can read the full guide to help get you started as a Community Response Volunteer. This will help you understand how to protect yourself and others as a volunteer and understand more about the following topics:
- Safely taking and making payments
- Using the GoodSAM app
- Data protection & confidentiality
- Keeping yourself safe
- Reporting accidents and incidents
- Driving and transport